Saturday, October 13, 2012

Our August in Idaho

I continuously find myself saying, "you will not get behind, you will not get behind", and then lo and behold, I'm behind.  So here I am trying to muster up the motivation and get to posting all the fun that we have been having.

In August Chris and I made the decision to leave Alabama and go home, to Idaho, for about a month.  We left the majority of the operations of the company in the hands of our manager.  It was a test to see how the company would function without Chris being there directly.  That is the ultimate goal after all. Our company and our manager did fantastic.  We couldn't have asked for a better outcome.  The company ran strong and the couple hiccups that we saw were a good thing since it helped us to see were we needed to strengthen and improve on our program.  It was such a relief since it allowed us to fully enjoy our time off.

Our month long getaway went a little something like this:

*  I got to be a part of some festivities leading up to my little sister in law's wedding.

All my sister in laws at Kelsie's bridal shower.

*  Chris traveled to Jack Pot with a group of friends were he came back a big winner.
*  We attended Kelsie and Dallin's wedding.  It was beautiful.  I cried.  Weddings always bring out the baby in me.

The Burrup kids.
Bros.

My family and I at the reception.  

*  After the wedding Chris and a group of his friends left to Mesa Falls for their annual camp trip.  While there they jumped off cliffs, fished, ate like kings, shot guns, and all sorts of other boyish things.


*  Ryan took us boating in Blackfoot.  
*  Had BBQs with my family and played numerous backyard games.  
*  We got to go swimming with our nieces and nephews at a swimming hole by Indian Hills.  
*  Chris and I went to Island Park with two of our most favorite people, Jake and Lisa, for a nice little weekend in their family cabin.  We spent the weekend four wheeling, riding sea doos, eating at yummy restaurants, cooking delicious meals, and watching more episodes of Ninja Warrior then I can count.  The weekend was an absolute blast.  

 We are pretty hardcore when it comes to four wheeling.
Jake and Chris

*  Got to have lunch dates with my Mom.
*  Multiple visits with my Grandparents and his Grandma.
*  Ate out at so many yummy places.
*  My Stepdad, Michael, and Chris spent a day fishing in Mackay.
*  Chris and I went on our own little camping trip to Mesa.  It is one of my favorite memories of our trip.  Just the two of us and nature.  And we fished for our own dinner, caught two rainbow trout, and cooked them on the camp fire.  It was so so good.  


Me saying, "Get me off this rock!"  It was a straight drop on the other side and the rock was slanting.  Kinda scary.

*  Chris' parents joined us at Mesa at the end of our camp trip to see the site and falls.

*  We got to see so many of our friends.  
*  Play pranks on so many people involving over 100 ping pong balls.
*  Help Chris' parents with their yard sale.
* And to put it simply we spent every available moment we had with our family and friends.
* Then, when it was all said and done, we got to drive home through the winds and rain of Hurricane Isaac.  Luckily Chris is like a professional driver so it didn't prove too difficult for him.

We truly made the most of our time in Idaho.  We were able to relax and just appreciate one of the things we haven't been able to enjoy in years; an Idaho Summer.  

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn..:) said...

I have been checking your blog out from time to time to see if anything had been posted....I love your posts....Love love love the pic of us at the wedding reception and want copies of the pictures of you and Chris with you dirty faces from 4-wheeling...Love you both so very much and we loved having you for a longer period of time this past Summer...Glad to hear all ran smooth back at the homefront and the storm didn't blow anything away..Miss you already...and it is our turn to come your way..:O) Love Mom