Monday, October 29, 2012

Labor Day Fun

Our Labor Day was spent at the beach with our wonderful family and friends.  It couldn't have been more relaxing.  The summer tourists were gone, so instead of hundreds of people crowding the beach, us, along with maybe fifty others, had the beach to ourselves.

Gulf Shores, AL 2012

Mya enjoying some lunch.
Kari and Nixon
This pelican gave me the biggest laugh of the day.  It was just hanging out on the beach so I decided to walk Mya over to it to get a better look.  We were pretending it was a pterodactyl, because that girl is crazy about dinosaurs.  Well then Casey, Kari, and Nixon walked over to see it too and I guess the pelican didn't appreciate Casey's presence.  It slowly made its way closer and closer to Casey and then it went into attack mode.  Flapping its wings and jumping towards him.  It was hilarious to see Casey take off running.  As I type this I am now thinking it is one of those moments that you have to be there to appreciate.  And boy am I glad that I was there.
This is the only picture I managed to take of the "attack".  I was laughing way too hard to figure out how to work the camera on my phone.

No Labor Day would be complete without a BBQ.  So instead of us putting forth the energy to actually cook we decided to go to our favorite rib shack in Mobile, Shane's Rib Shack to be precise.  With the food being so utterly delicious it helped us to forget about the bad sunburns we were suffering from.  It was a pleasant distraction.  

Labor Day was a blast.  It was relaxing and hassle free.  Just the way it should be.  

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn..:) said...

Sure wish that I would have been with you kids...I am missing you along with all the fun beach..:) Love Momma