Monday, April 23, 2012

Thirty One

With our strict no gifts this year policy in place I was stumped as to what to do for Chris' birthday.  Of course there would be treats, dinners, desserts, and whatever else he wanted, but what could I do to scream to the world, "It's this boy's birthday!"

And then I decided that I would surprise him by decorating his office.  So off I set to make the arrangements, gather the materials, and create the alibi that would convince him that I was up to nothing.  I enlisted the help of Vince, Ashley, and Mya to help me pull this off.  Two hours, 140ish balloons (All, but about 30 of them, were blown up, by mouth, by Vince and Ashley.  They were troopers.), yard upon yard of colorful streamers, and one homemade birthday sign later we managed to turn his office into this:


There would be no mistaking it.  It was my guy's birthday.  It turned out so cute.  


The next morning, after his breakfast of crepes,  I was so anxious for him to get to the office.  Finally, I got the call I was expecting.  He was so cute.  He told me he was so surprised and had no idea as to what I had been up too.  I could just hear the big smile in his voice.  

And then, of course, I had to make him some cupcakes.  I had asked him what he wanted and he had mentioned these strawberry cupcakes that I had made a while back.  They are so good. Strawberries in cake form with homemade cream cheese frosting is seriously a little drop of Heaven.  I brought them to his office so he could share them and they were gone in a snap.  

On his birthday we celebrated with a lunch of wings and a dinner of crawfish.  Things couldn't have been much better for this boy of mine.

Really?!  That smile kills me.

And then on Sunday we had one final celebration.  No birthday would be complete without being given the chance to make a wish.  This time I surprised him with a homemade Boston Creme Pie cupcake cake (could that name be anymore confusing?).  

Sparkler Candles!! 

Gifts or no gifts, I'm pretty confident that he had a fantastic birthday.  

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn..:O) said...

Sure you made your great hubby feel extra special..:O) Love Mom