Monday, April 9, 2012

Mardi Gras: Take Two

It was that time again.  Time to scream at the top of your lungs, raise your hands in the air, and just hope with all your might that you didn't take a set of beads to the face.  Mardi Gras came to the Gulf Coast and with the scare we experienced last year in Mobile, we decided to stick to the local family friendly parades.




 As could be expected the floats were awesome.  

The group checking out their haul.  


Chris and Vincent took a lot of beads to the head and they had the marks to show it.  It starts to hurt so bad that towards the end, instead of screaming to get beads thrown at you, you find yourself screaming/begging them not to throw them at you.  And did I mention that it was freezing that day.  Holy cow, it was so cold I thought my fingers were going to fall off.  But anyway, the parade was a blast and we left with the golden prize, the mini Frisbee!  All the pain and loss of feeling in our finger tips was so worth it.    
 

2 comments:

Momma Shelynn said...

Great pictures...I had no idea you all had gone out to these parades again this year....I'm you momma and I never know what happenng in your lives...but it looked like you all had a good time...
Love Mom

John and Maren Williams said...

haha looks like fun :) Experiencing the real celebration I think should be on my bucket list.