Monday, July 27, 2009

Bear Lake Reunion


Last weekend Chris and I attended the Gummersall Family Reunion!  Since Chris and I are gone in the summer months, I have never had the opportunity to attend.  So this year was my first and it just happened to be his Grandma's turn to host it. 
I was so excited for this trip.  It was my very first time to Bear Lake, and Chris had talked it up so much I just couldn't wait to get there.  That night after a delicious dinner of barbecued hot dogs and burgers and some quick catching up, we snuggled into bed to be refreshed for the festivities that awaited us the next morning.  It was probably one of the longest nights ever.  I felt like a kid trying to fall asleep Christmas Eve night.  I just wanted the next day to come so fast, so that I could go to the lake. Finally, it arrived.  Chris couldn't have driven me to the lake fast enough.  We got there and the first thing I did was run to dip my toes in the water.  It was love from there.  I remember looking up at Chris, with big, surprised eyes, and saying "It's warm!" I just couldn't believe it.  I don't think I got out of the water that day for more than 15 minutes.  I couldn't get enough of it.   
Saturday, was the big day...  games, lunch, an auction, and of course more swimming.  
Chris and I participating in Water Balloon Volleyball.  I don't know how he does it, but he always gets me to participate in things I normally wouldn't.
Getting ready to do some damage in the sack race.  Chris is in the middle.

It was hilarious!  Chris biffed it hard right at the end.
Another balloon game.  It took a while to get this one started.  The grass kept popping every ones balloons before the game even began.
Later that evening a group of us went back to the lake.  It was so much fun.
I even played my first game of horse shoes.
Chris and I after a nice, refreshing swim.
Sadly, like all good things, this too had to come to an end.  But before we left Chris made sure that I experienced the famous raspberry shake that I had been hearing about all weekend.  I don't think it lived up to the hype, but it was pretty good.  
We had such a wonderful weekend filled with swimming, water balloon fights, games, bad sun burns, and of course just hanging out with family.  I loved watching Chris talk to family members that he had never met and rekindle his relationships with his cousins that he hasn't seen in a while.  He is such an amazing guy.  Plus, I just love hearing him introducing me as his wife over and over again ;).  I don't think I will ever get sick of it. 
Chris all tuckered out.  Too cute.
We were so exhausted, when we got back to Cali.  I still don't think poor Chris has been able to fully recover.
P.S.  I didn't take a single picture while I was there.  So I wanted to say thanks to my mother- in-law, Linda, for allowing me to use all of her many great pics.  THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Vince and Ashley said...

It really sounds like you had an adventure!! I just want to know how you and Chris tend to be so photogenic and me and Vince look like were in pain! Or at least Vince! :)

Burrups said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Love the pics!!

Miss Jana said...

Glad you guys were able to make it! It was fun to see ya!