Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Day Of Rest


This last Sunday, was one of the most relaxing ones that we have had since we have been out here.  It was utterly perfect.  We did absolutely nothing that pertained to work.  It was filled with only things that we fully enjoyed.  He napped...  I read... He lounged on the couch... I cooked.  That night, we had my brother and his family over for dinner.  On the menu was pot roast and homemade peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.  I was so excited for this because it has been so long since I was able to cook a full dinner.  I haven't seen Chris so excited for a meal in a long time.  After dinner, we all gathered around and played a friendly game of Hearts, where Ashley walked away the victor.  Our Sunday just wouldn't be complete without some sort of card game.  
The cutest part of the whole day, was when everybody left. Chris couldn't stop thanking me for such a delicious dinner and dessert.  It was so flattering.  
After such a refreshing and relaxing day, that night when we laid our heads down, I couldn't help but truly think that this was a good day

1 comment:

Burrups said...

Those kind of days are the best!