Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Readjusting


So, I am officially all unpacked and settled in!  Yay!!!  I love the area that we live in.  We are surrounded by so much... shopping, entertainment, and of course great food!
Every summer that we leave it takes me about a week or so to get back into the swing of things.  It is a big readjusting period for Chris and I.  We go from a house that is almost too big for us, to living in a small 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment.  Then there is the whole issue of having one car for the two of us to use.  It is hard for me having to work my schedule around Chris' schedule just so that I can run to the grocery store or do an errand.  And the newest major issue that we have had to adapt to is going from a king size bed to a queen again.  Chris and I are not the snuggle up close all night type of people.  We have basically established in our bed that this is "My Side" and this is "Your Side" and please try not to cross it.  So needless to say the last few nights have been a little restless as we are both silently defending our small space without really trying to wake the other.
But there have been some major benefits moving back to a place where we have already lived. For instance, I remember how to get to all of the stores that I like to visit on a regular basis. All my favorite restaurants are all just a short drive away, and the ones that I had wanted to try but never had a chance to are right where I remembered them and just waiting for Chris' and my Saturday date night.   So basically, having all these little bits of knowledge has made the transition for me a little easier to cope with.  
You would think that it being my fifth summer out I would be a pro at this stuff already :).


1 comment:

Miss Jana said...

We're glad you made it safe and are settled in! Good luck this summer.