Monday, May 18, 2009

Here Comes the Sun


For the two weeks that we have been here we have experienced such extreme weather changes.  When we first arrived we were in the normal May showers.  I personally love rain, but it was a little weird, since the first time we lived here it was 4 months of straight sunshine.  Well, after a few straight days of rain we were embraced in the most beautiful 80 to 85 degree weather for about a week and a half.  It was perfect and I couldn't soak up enough of that Vitamin D.  And then out of nowhere, the weather sky rocketed to over 100 degrees!  Talk about HOT HOT HOT!  It weighed on you so heavily that you didn't even want to leave the comfort of your air conditioned apartment.  Honestly, I would expect this in July, but mid May!  Luckily, the weather forecast for the next week shows us back down to the high 80s/ low 90s.  I better stock up on that sunscreen because I am anticipating a sizzling summer!

2 comments:

Vince and Ashley said...

I'd say it's hot hot hot! The only time you want to go out is at night! I went out to the store the next day and bought some sunscreen, no more burns for this girl! :)

Brittany said...

I hope you get your sizzling summer!! It just wouldn't be Cali without it. We're glad to hear you guys made it safely. We look forward to either coming to visit or seeing you guys when you get back!! Good luck and enjoy the hot weather for us!