Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow Business

This year Chris and I had one wish, hope, and longing for our trip home to Idaho.  One wish that we seem to have every year, but sadly we are always left disappointed and sad.  But oh no... not this year.  This year went above and beyond in delivering to us the beautiful white, fluffy, coldness of snow.  We couldn't have been more thrilled.  It was a Christmas gift in and of itself.

I love snow.  I love the way it makes me want to burrow myself deep into a cozy blanket with a book and a mug of hot chocolate.  It's all just very comforting.  But like all sports, I don't participate in snow sports either.  It all just goes back to my lack of coordination and I'm just not interested in it.  But I do enjoy sledding (not that it is considered a sport by any means) and if I'm able to squeeze in a sledding day at least once every year, well then, that's two thumbs up in my book.

But if I say that I love snow, it is safe to say that Chris love, love, loves snow.  Yes... he loves it that much.  It is one of the reasons he finds it so difficult to even consider making Alabama our forever home.  So every Winter, just like every Summer, Chris and his buddies get together and take an annual snowboarding trip to Targhee.  He always comes back completely exhausted and worn out, so I think it is safe to assume he has an absolute blast.

Targhee is absolutely beautiful and with the skies being so clear it really made for some beautiful pictures.  I'm so happy that he took a moment to snap some to show me.

But Chris and I aren't the only ones with a soft place for snow in our hearts.  We have a little snow bunny (or puppy?) on our hands. 
 Twinkee could have spent the majority of her days having Chris throw snowballs for her.  Her favorite was letting them break on her face.  It was pretty cute.

So between the sledding, the snowboarding, and the snowy love of one pup we left behind the winter wonderland of our winter vacation feeling very fulfilled.

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn..:o) said...

Had my fingers crossed for some sledding pictures..dang..haha Love Mom