Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Vacation

Our Christmas Eve was spent doing some unnecessary last minute shopping.  We had everything covered but we just couldn't resist the last minute crowds at the local Fred Myers.  No Christmas would be complete right?  Funniest thing about these last minute trips is you run into so many people you know.  It's like a mini Christmas reunion.  Anyway, after that we just spent time lounging with family and then spent Christmas Eve dinner at my Grandparents.  Then it was time for looking at Christmas lights.  Again fewer and fewer houses are participating.  It is so sad.  But this year, I found a Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt on the web so it gave us a mission that we were determined to complete.  After a final viewing of "Christmas Vacation" we snuggled down into our hotel bed and anxiously awaited for Christmas morning to arrive so we could see all the goodies that Santa brought us.

And finally, the day we have all been waiting for, Christmas day, arrived!  Oh man, it was sweet!  Our stockings and gifts to each other were sweetly arranged on the couch of our hotel room.  The bright red and green packaging was just like candy to the eyes.  It was all perfect.
Chris told me this is his favorite picture of the day.  I was so completely excited when I peeled back the paper and underneath it was the box of my new Polaroid camera.  I had no clue.  He did such a good job picking out the gift for me.  My face says it all.  Pure happiness.
Sadly, I am awful at taking pictures.  But here's my man showing off what Santa brought him.  Gun accessories!  His big present was waiting for him at my Mom's.

After our little gift exchange we made our way from place to place for all the other Christmas festivities that awaited us.  We had Christmas omelets at Chris' parents- provided to us by Chef Jim,
Christmas lunch at my Grandparents, games and left over snacking at Chris' Grandmas, a gift exchange and game time at my Mom's house, and then we rounded out the night with another gift exchange at Chris' parent's house.  

The day was flawless.  

And just because we happen to think she is the cutest dog in all of existence, here is Twinkee enjoying one of her most favorite of activities... unwrapping presents!:
 And for all that cuteness, I'll simply say:  You're welcome.

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn..:) said...

We were all so happy that you made your Christmas time in Idaho again..:) We need to come to Alabama next year..Love you so very much..