Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Day



Thanksgiving at the Burrup house was once again a success.  With the help of family and friends our dinner menu consisted of all the traditional but always delicious foods that are normally associated with with the big day.  I was responsible for the turkey, homemade stuffings (I cooked not one but two different variations, both of which were superb and have me craving them to this day), sweet potato casserole, and the apple pie.  As I had mentioned before, I was extremely nervous about cooking our 22lb. bird, I mean really what is worse then overcooked dry turkey?  But with nothing but some light seasoning on top and continuous basting during the cooking process our bird was moist and utterly mouthwatering. I may have given myself a pat on the back.  

This is the picture Chris texted to family of the little birdie his wifey cooked.  He was a proud man.

And to top it off even more, during dinner our friend Jake asked, "Who made the sweet potato casserole?"  I have to admit I was a little hesitant to confess that it was me, you know, just in case the next words out of his mouth were negative.  But I raised my hand and said, "I made it."  Next thing you know, Jake is standing up giving me a round of applause for a job well done.  Haha!  I just about died from laughter.  

These next pictures all depict a common theme:  

A group of family and friends gathered around a single table on Thanksgiving Day enjoying a meal that everyone had a hand in preparing.  


I don't think there was a single person who didn't enjoy the feast that was laid out before them.

So like I had said at the beginning of this post,  Thanksgiving was a complete success, made possible by all that attended.  I am so appreciative for all their help and the delicious things they prepared that helped to make this Thanksgiving one worth remembering.  

The rest of our day was filled with football watching, game playing, left over eating, goodness.  It was all a great way to spend our "Turkey Day."

And as a side note, I just have to add these couple pictures of Chris helping me with my least favorite of tasks.  Peeling, coring, and slicing the apples for his apple pie.  I am so grateful that he can tell when I am overwhelmed with other tasks and that he takes the initiative to help me whenever he can.  Thanks babe! xoxo

1 comment:

Burrups said...

It sounds like it was all a great success and so delicious!! Congrats on making such a wonderful meal.