Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Eight is Great


This year marked eight years for Chris and I.  Eight great, fantastic, exciting, and adventurous years.

To celebrate this milestone we laid in bed until Chris noticed there was still time to get McDonald's breakfast.  So up and out the door he went to get the golden goods of the "Golden Arches."  And yes, we love Mickey D's breakfasts so much that it is used to help us celebrate big events.

While Chris was gone, I got out of bed, walked into the kitchen, and was greeted by the most beautiful vase full of white lilies, two golden wrapped boxes, and a card.  I shed a tear or two.  As soon as he got home I gave him the biggest hug and kiss and he then proceeded to tell me how he searched to find the white lilies.  Florists tried to get him to take the pink lilies, but he knew that the white were my favorite, so he continued until he got the most perfect ones.  The ones that were identical to those of the ones that were in my wedding bouquet eight years earlier.  Along with those was my card, that I read next, and I again cried.  And last, but most certainly not least, were those two golden boxes.  I was scared to open them because I knew that no matter what was inside I was going to cry.  So I opened them to find the most beautiful, creamy, white pearls; a necklace and earrings.  And guess what... I cried again.  The effort he took in getting me the most beautiful and romantic gifts was just too special not to shed a tear or two... or three.
 But you guys, I really dropped the ball this year.  I got him a card!  A card!  With our Anniversary falling right after the Holidays our budget is pretty spent so we usually have a no gift policy in place.  So naturally, I just assumed this year was the same. But to make up for it I'm gonna have to get him something awesome for his birthday.  I'm already working on it.
The rest of our day was spent relaxing, shopping, then dinner at Bonefish, followed by cupcakes for dessert.
It was a great day spent with the man that has held my heart for eight plus years and many many more to come.  I love you Chris!  xoxox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so thoughtful. Congrats on 8 yrs! Ps i was laughing pretty hard at the dog in the last post. :)

Momma Shelynn :o) said...

What an amazing post!!!! So happy that you two found eachother....We love you both so mucha dn are so proud of the life that you have together..:) Love MOM