Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh October

It's great to see that every one's Halloween was so fun.  And ours was no exception.  Even though we kept our celebrations a little more low key than others we still had one heck of a spooky time.

Through the month of October I could be found curled up in front of the television watching scary movie after scary movie. I just love them so much. But now because I watched so many, I jump at every little squeak or creek that I may hear.  It's awful.

As for Halloween crafts and treats, I only made a few.  Nothing spooktacular or anything but they were delicious.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  And my window decoration turned out pretty good.  We live in the country though so really only a couple of neighbors and us got to enjoy it... and Mya.  She seemed to appreciate the effort.  

Chris and I opted out of pumpkin carving this year.  Honestly, we just weren't in the mood.  Maybe next year we will be back in the swing of things.

We did end up going to the "House of Shock" in New Orleans.  It is a really popular haunted house that we had seen on the Travel Channels top haunted houses a few years back.  We were a little worried at first because it seemed pretty extreme, they are allowed to scream at you, touch/ push you, and they even warn you you may be slimed.  But between the long wait (and when I say long I mean 2 hours and we were the 7th people in line), the high ticket prices, and the fact that it just wasn't really scary, we were pretty let down.  Way to hype it up Travel Channel... way to hype it up.  And just so you know, I was pushed, shoved into a corner and yelled at, but I was not slimed.  That was a plus.

As for the actual day of Halloween, we decided to stay in.  So between handing out candy (Chris bought them full sized bars) to our very few trick-or-treaters, we ate pizza, watched tv (some scary, some not), and got a visit from the cutest little trick-or-treater this side of the Mississippi River.  Mya as Merida from Brave and she was loving every bit of it.

So all-in-all October/ Halloween was pretty mellow, but nonetheless fun.  Even though I'm sad to see it go it's nice knowing we still have two Holidays to look forward to.

Happy {belated} Halloween!

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn said...

No pictures of your windows??? What the heck....:(