Sunday, October 30, 2011

Joyous July


July started out with a bang (or a boom?) for Chris and I.  We faced quite the decision when thinking of how we would like to celebrate America's Birthday.  We could watch the fireworks over the USS Alabama Battleship, drive to the ocean and watch them be shot off over the water, or catch a small local show.  We decided on none of the above and simply opted for a BBQ at our house (it has a never ending back yard) with our friends and tried our darnedest at putting the "Biggest Show in Idaho" to shame.  So off to the fireworks superstore we went and loaded our carts full of the goods.  


 This huge warehouse is full of any kind of firework you could imagine.  

Love the expression on his face in this one.  He's just like a kid.  He's just walking down the isle thinking, "I'll take 4 of these and 6 of these.  5 for $10?  Don't mind if I do."  What you don't see in this picture is me following behind him and pulling out most of what he's putting in his basket and setting it back on the shelf ;).  

Ashley doesn't mess around.  No wussy stuff for her.  Look at Mya's face.......  Even she's impressed with her Mom's choice.




We decided to have dessert before our firework show and I took this opportunity to show off my master pieces.  My American Flag Cake, every time you cut a slice it was a flag.  And then the most American dessert I could think of, an apple pie with a little red, white, and blue action of it's own.

Then, after dessert it was time for the show.  Here is our lineup.  Chris was still convinced it wasn't enough.  I assured him it was.

Our friends, Casey and Kari

and Jake.

Look at that smile.  This guy was loving every minute of it.  He even found a second use for my creme brulee torch.  He's so smart.


10 points goes to you if you noticed Chris and I rockin' the red, white, and blue.  Corny or just awesomely patriotic?  You decide.  Seriously, what a great day!

3 comments:

Denna Burrup said...

Holy Moly! That's the Chris we all know and love! Thanks for posting this! We sure miss you guys!

Denna said...

I forgot to mention how impressed I am with your mad baking skills! You go girl!

Momma ... said...

Great to see you and Chris always making fun out of everything...Love you much and wish I could have seen all of those fireworks go off...Also did you notice that the Fireworks store had the name SHELTON in it???? At least my last name was apart of your fun..:) Love Momma Shelton