Monday, October 10, 2011

Stressful April


April was a stressful month for Chris and I if I remember correctly.  So much was going on that tensions were very high between us.  We were still in the process of working on our store.  So our time consisted of painting (so much painting), researching furniture and displays,  watching unexpected costs come up (one after another after another), all while making sure that our sales goals were still being met.  And as our luck would have it, our lease on our house was up, so we decided to move into a little house a little further out into the country.  So between the pressures of the move and the store, Chris and I were just moving from day to day.  Just trying to keep our heads up and not lose our tempers.  It was rough.  It was one of those times where you tell yourself continuously throughout the day to just keep looking forward.  To forget all that is going on in this exact moment and just keep reaching for that picture in your head.......  That goal that you have been striving for.  And that's what we did.  One foot in front of the other...... and ever so slowly we started to emerge into a place that allowed us to breath a little easier.  Where things were a little less scary as each day continued to take the form of what your hopes and expectations were.  

As I reflect back on that time now, I see why that trial was put before us.  It has blessed Chris and I, in a time where that trial could have easily pushed us apart it in fact helped Chris and I to once again strengthen our marriage in an area that I didn't even know needed strengthened.

During this time Chris and I found our "happy song".  We would seriously just sit in his office, close our eyes, and hit play.  As I sit here typing this, it brings a smile to my face as I recall upon those memories.  It's dubbed our "Happy Song" for a reason...... with just the click of play on our iTunes our anxiety would slowly start to melt.  I invite you to listen to it.......  This little gem is called, "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root.

1 comment:

Momma Shelynn said...

I pulled up the song and could picture both you and Chris smiling..Love Momma..:)