Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another Very Happy Birthday Indeed


Well, another birthday has passed. I can't believe that I am 26. Seriously time... slow down! This year was a little calmer than others, but that didn't stop me from having the best time possible. Once again I got spoiled by birthday wishes, cards showing up the whole week, presents, and birthday wishes coming true. Chris spoiled me by taking me to my favorite food spots and letting me fill up on my favorites. Does anybody else have their life revolve around food? Well, mine does and I don't mind one bit. Enjoy the simple things, right? Don't worry, I do.

All I wanted this year was to go to the ocean, and Chris saw to it that my wish came true. We and everybody else that we know down here packed up for a relaxing afternoon spent enjoying the warmth of the sand and the coolness of the water. The waves were very active so we all had a fun time playing in those and then we moved the party to the sand for some games of frisbee and football. So much fun and such a great way to ring in a birthday. After that we headed back to the house where Chris whipped up some mini sliders for everyone and then presented me with the cutest little birthday cake I have ever seen.

He knows my love for anything cupcake and made this little gem for me all by himself. I mean come on.... how sweet is that? Love that boy.

Quick fact..... this is the first time in all my 26 years of living that I have had a chocolate cake on my birthday. I am not a chocolate person, but for some reason I was craving one and that's what I got. So good and seriously.... is there anything better than cream cheese frosting?

Haha, Chris took me shopping for my birthday and since I picked out what I got I had just hung them in my closet, but I guess he felt bad that I didn't have anything to open so he threw them in a Target bag, hanger and all. Thanks babe!

Enjoying some birthday cards and a root beer float.

Hmmm, what did I wish for this year?

Guess we are just going to have to wait to see.

4 comments:

Burrups said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Birthday and were spoiled! You deserved it!!

Miss Jana said...

We're happy to see all the updates- yay! Glad your birthday was great. Sounds like Mardi Gras was a little too crazy, luckily you are all alright! I don't really love updating my blog either, BUT it is my only family history since I don't journal or scrapbook. That's my motivation, I don't know if that helps :)

Shelynn said...

So what did you wish for??:O)

vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.