Sunday, March 8, 2009

Old Friends and New Friends


When I first met Chris one of the first things that I noticed was the extensive circle of friends he had gathered around him at all times. They were such a tight group of friends and you could instantly tell that they would always look out for each other. Well, as years went by and each friend slowly got married and then some even ventured so far as to have kids, I can honestly say that their friendships never faltered, if anything, they only got stronger. They are all amazing guys and I would even go so far as to call them family. Well, with this group of amazing guys comes their other halves... their amazing wives. I am so excited and anxious to get to know these amazing women. It feels like I have known some of them for years (and in some cases I have). Unfortunately, we don't get to see them as much as we would like. But, fortunately this weekend was an exception.

On Friday Chris' friend Phil invited some couples over for a caramel apple and ice cream sundae get together. It was so great being gathered in a kitchen and catching up on what each one of us has been up to. I have not laughed so hard in such a long time. But luckily the party didn't stop there. The following day Chris and his friends were getting together for a bachelor party for Phil. So their day started out with some paint balling, where each guy returned home with some major war wounds, and then they followed that up with a barbecue and a bonfire up at Scout Mountain. Well, while the guys were out having their fun, a few of the wives and I decided to have some of our own fun. So we went to dinner and carried out some great conversation and then went to see a movie after that.

The girls and I at dinner.
(Sadly, this is the only picture I got of the entire weekend.)
It was a great bonding experience for us and I can't wait to do it again. This was a great weekend filled with reliving old memories and making new ones. Chris and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

what a nice post. I'm so glad we finally got to hang out and that I finally have your number. Thanks for getting us all together. You're so amazing, Daneile. :)

Burrups said...

Sounds like so much fun!! It is awesome to have such good friends.