Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Visiting Family in Muncie

At the end of April we embraced the opportunity and took a little trip to Muncie, IN for our niece's baptism.  We hadn't seen Chris' older sister and her family in about a year and a half so really a visit was quite over due.  

Kaylyn, Stuart, and the kids were all fantastic hosts and we had a fabulous time.  They taught us a new game, Ticket to Ride, and I loved it.  It was so much fun.  We got some quality time in with the kids.  They are growing way too fast and we couldn't believe it.  And to top it all off they fed us like kings.  Honestly as I think back on the time we spent there I can't recall a moment when I wasn't eating. 

The trip was very short but the night before we were to head home, I was told that sweet Akazia was very upset about us leaving and had cried.  That seriously melted my heart.  I was pretty set on leaving the day we planned on but upon hearing that, even I couldn't deny Akazia one more day.  It was all well worth it.  They took us to there favorite restaraunt and then we went bowling.  The trip felt much more complete after that.  


The day of her baptism.





After church on Sunday, we took a walk with the kids along the river next to their house. 



Chris and Gordon playing some one on one.

The gang at the bowling ally.  Please excuse the zombie eyes.  Iphone pictures aren't the best sometimes.

Ms. Maycie and Akazia, thank you guys for letting us sleep on your bunk beds.  And Maycie, I loved the Hello Kitty sheets.  They were so cozy.  Akazia, thanks for loving us so much that you didn't want us to go.  Gordon, you are awesome.  Thanks for going easy on me at dodgeball.

Thank you all for your wonderful hospitality.

No comments: