Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter weekend I found myself sick with the flu.  Ugh.  I seem to be sick a lot more here, in Alabama, than I ever was in Idaho. I was hoping that once Sunday rolled around I would be my perfect hostess self again since we were supposed to put on Easter dinner, but unfortunately it was the opposite. I woke up absolutely miserable and knew that I would be lucky to peel myself out of bed let alone create a dinner that would be edible. Our friends came to the rescue, prepared the dinner and held it at their house. I sent Chris over to their house to enjoy the holiday feast (no reason we should both be miserable) with promises of a plate being brought home to me. So that gave me something to look forward too.

But what Easter would be complete without an Easter Egg Hunt? Chris saw to it that I had one of my own. As I awoke Sunday morning, still in my sick daze, I stumbled into the living room to retrieve my Kleenex box and as I pulled out a tissue an egg fell out spilling its candy filling all over the table. I was so confused. It took me a minute to register what it was (I blame the sickness and the cold medicine I was on). And then as my eyes focused and my head cleared I looked around the house and saw that at some point the night before, Chris had set up my own little egg hunt. And from there I proceeded to collect all my little eggs.




This is what I gave Chris.  It was just plopped on the counter.  I am so lame.

After the hunt we had quite the plethora of Easter candy.  Each of those little eggs was filled with my Easter favorite.  Starburst Jellybeans!  Love em'.

It was so thoughtful and cute of him to do for me. I loved it. So with my sickness and all Easter was fabulous.

No comments: