Sunday, December 18, 2011

Slumber Party


As we considered ways to bring the Spirit of Christmas into our home we knew we needed a kid...... so we borrowed one.  And the lucky kid was Mya of course.  We planned on a little sleepover and while she was here we talked about what she wanted from Santa, listened to Christmas songs, ate dinner and played with the new toy from her meal, watched as she decorated a ginger bread house for the center of my table, devoured a big bowl of ice cream, and right before bed we watched the Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol dvd that I had recently purchased.  Chris and I love it because it takes us back to our childhoods and it was fun to be able to introduce Mya to it.  This dvd has 4 short stories on it, one of them is call "Small One".  Have you seen it?  I never had and either had Chris, but it is so good for a Christmas cartoon, I was in tears.  I mean I was actually sobbing.  It had such a good story line.  Chris couldn't help laughing at me and Mya was so confused as to why I was crying.  But anyway......  She seemed to enjoy the stories because as soon as it was over she requested to watch it again.  



She threw a fit when she had to go home the next day, so I am taking that as a great sign that the sleep over was a success.  

1 comment:

Momma said...

You and Chris are great to have taken on a fun night with Mya..:O) Love the pictures of Mya and her Ginger Bread house...she did a great job..!! She must take after her Auntie Daneile and Uncle Chris when it comes to ginger breading..:O)