Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Thanksgiving



Sweet relief. That's all I feel right now. Relief. Our first Thanksgiving away from home couldn't have been better. All the preparation and work that went into it was so worth it. And I love that this day wasn't the effort of only one person but of everybody in the house.
Our Thanksgiving Day menu consisted of:
Prime Rib (prepared by Chris)
Lobster Tails (Chris and Vince)
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (Vince)
Stuffing (Ashley)
Clover Rolls (Daneile)

Making these dinner rolls is what worried me the most, but they turned out so good and with the homemade jam, I could have skipped dessert all together. So yummy and pretty too.

Strawberry Jam (Daneile)
Deviled Eggs (Daneile)

Cheesy Green Bean Casserole (Daneile)
Cranberry Sauce (Ashley)
Pumpkin Pie (Ashley)
Ashley made the most beautiful homemade pumpkin pie ever.
Apple Pies (Daneile and Ashley)

The spread.
Dinner was perfect. There was 7 of us total and we couldn't get over how good everything was.

I am so Thankful for days like today, days that open my eyes and make me realize how blessed I truly am.
I amThankful for the love of our family and friends,
for the opportunity that we have to be here in Alabama,
so Thankful that Chris and I both have jobs and steady incomes when so many people do not,
Thankful for the food in our cupboards,
for the roof over our heads,
for the companionship of our pets, Twinkee and Marlo,
Thankful for the gospel in our lives,
and for the incredible members here in our ward,
I'm Thankful that I have goals and dreams, they keep me moving forward,
Thankful for our trials, they have truly made us stronger,
and I'm Thankful for my sweet husband, I love that man and don't know where I would be without him,
I'm Thankful for all our many adventures, we have truly lived an amazing life thus far,
I'm Thankful for my bed that's calling my name. It's been a long day.
Good Night.
and
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

vanessa said...

ahhh my mouth is watering. Excellent menu, I'm going to come eat with you guys next year. It's so good to hear what's going on with you guys- Happy that everything's going so well. I keep meaning to tell you that we're having a boy, we don't really have any colors or anything special, but the nursery is like an aqua blue/green, and he's due Jan 28th. If you guys are ever in town over Christmas, even for a few hours, give us a call. Hope everything's going well for you guys!!

Miss Jana said...

Everything looks beautiful and delicious! Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving, we missed you! Love ya!