Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All GROWN Up


I got the privilege to represent Chris and I at our sister's high school graduation on Friday.  Somehow he has gotten out of going to both are brothers and now our sisters too.  Well, I was more than happy to step in for both of us.  I was never a big fan of these ceremonies, even when it was my own.  But there was no denying that these two ladies felt like they were on top of the world.  So I was thrilled to be there to experience their big day with them.  They were both absolutely glowing.

AMANDA
I could ramble on and on about my little sis, but I will try and keep this short and sweet.  We have six years between us and I remember us growing up and her always copying everything I did.  From the way I styled my hair to the shirts I would wear.  My mom would always tell me after I would get so angry, "Daneile, she just looks up to you and wants to be like you".  Well, know the tables have turned and I find myself looking up to her.  She is such an incredible person.  She is so talented and creative.  Something I totally envy about her.  And I think that she has already found her place in this world.  Something most people search for forever.  Amanda, you are so beautiful not only in appearance but mostly in heart and soul.  I know that you will reach any goal that you set your mind to and do it with style and grace.  I love that I can count on you to stand beside me in any battle or trial I may face and I hope that you know that I would do the same for you.  Because we are sisters and that is a bond that can never be broken.  Love you little sis.  And congrats on your big day.  

KELSIE
Aww, then there is my sweet sister in law.  She has so many qualities that so many people aspire to obtain... Beauty, charm, courage, smarts, and strength, just to name a few.  This girl can do anything she sets her mind to and she does it to perfection.  I don't worry about her too much because she has proven that she can handle any hardship that may come her way while staying true to herself and her beliefs.  Kelsie, I knew that we were going to be close from the moment we met.  I remember it because you were the first to accept me into your family with open arms and no questions asked.  I will forever love you for that.  Thank you for knowing that you can come to me with anything and I hope that you will always be that comfortable.  You are an amazing person and I am so excited to see the adventures that are in store for you.  Love ya lots.  Your brother and I are so proud of you.

They are both college bound, and as one heads off to BSU and the other to ISU, I just want to say... Good Luck on your first true adventures as adults!!  Love you girls! XOXOXOX

No comments: