Thursday, August 2, 2012

Miramar Beach, FL

I'm kind of all over the place with these posts, so please forgive me for the confusion.

During my sister's visit I was not only surprised with her but then Chris had one more surprise up his sleeve.  He told me that he had booked us at a beach resort in Florida for a couple days and it was strictly girls only.  Once again I was in shock and left speechless.  I mean really.  Beach.  Resort.  The words themselves just scream awesome times to come.  

Since this was just a girls weekend we called up Ashley and said, "Hey, do you, Mya, and your Mom (she was in town also) wanna go?" and then they said, "Heck yeah!" or something along those lines.  So the next day we packed up the car and made the 2 hour drive to the beautiful Emerald Coast.  

The resort was huge and beautiful and everyone there was so kind.  They kindly upgraded our room to a huge suite for free and we were left flabbergasted.  The room was huge and so very nice. 

View from our balcony.


Some quick and not so good snapshots of the room.  Everyone had their own bed with the exception of me and my sister.  We shared the king bed.


We didn't waste any time at all getting into our suits and jumping into the water.  Over the next 2 days that is where we could all be found.  Amanda and I spent the majority of our time in the ocean fighting strong currents and getting pummeled by huge waves.  As for Ashley, Mya, and Mega they found themselves loving the calmness of the big outdoor pool.  Whatever our preference, we all had an amazing time.  Amanda and I got way too much sun and had the burns to prove it, Mya never tired of jumping off the side into the pool, Ashley for once didn't get burnt which still has me scratching my head (she always burns), and I believe Mega enjoyed having such a unique time to spend with her daughter and granddaughter. 



That little red flag is indicating that the hazard level in the water is high.  I know we sure took a beating.  It was exhausting fighting the waves, but at the same time it was so much fun.  I was laughing so hard at my sister being washed up on shore like a dead fish.  


Sun was a little too bright on the eyes.

Soaking up the sun's rays.  I would later come to regret this decision greatly.


All that swimming made Mya ravenous.

Amanda, Me, and Ashley

Mya and Me

That resort was more than I could have imagined.  Thanks Chris for always spoiling me rotten with so many great opportunities. Loves!  XOXOX

2 comments:

Momma Shelynn said...

Life just isn't fair sometimes..lol You all look so great and I was sooooo sad not being able to be with....next time..:) Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris & Danelle,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Mirimar Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane