Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Best Birthday Ever!


I honestly don't know anybody that is more in love with their birthday than me. And oh how I love it. I turned 25 this year, and truthfully I could not have wished for a better birthday than this one.  I think that I actually have Chris convinced that a birthday week is a real thing.  The days leading up to my big day were fantastic!  Chris would volunteer to give me back rubs, he took me shopping, we went for nice walks with the dogs, went to the Spring Fair where we drooled over camp trailers, went and got soft serve ice cream (more than once), he took me antiquing at my favorite local spots, surprised me with breakfast, took me to an awesome birthday dinner, and simply made the week all about me and the things that I enjoy doing.  He makes me feel special all the time, but he really out did himself this time.  A couple weeks before my birthday he had asked if there was anything I wanted to do to celebrate.  I thought about it and for my 25th birthday I knew a regular party just wouldn't cut it, I wanted to feel like a kid again.  I said my birthday wish was to have a Roller Skating party with all of our family and friends.  And surprise surprise, it came true!  30 people showed up to make my birthday the best one ever.  And to make it even more memorable all but 6 of them skated!  It was such a blast.  I didn't have many pictures taken, it was more important for me to just be in that moment with everyone, but I will happily share the ones that I do have.  
This is the only picture that I have of Chris and me on our camera.  I love it though.  My two supporters making sure I didn't fall.
Family and Friends
Trying to blow out 25 candles on two different cakes in one breath.  Nearly passed out after this.  I really wanted my other wish to come true.
People getting their skate on.

The best part of the night was when they pulled me into the center of the rink and put the spot light on me while being surrounded by family and friends who sang Happy Birthday.  My smile never left my face that whole night.  See... Best birthday ever.  

2 comments:

Burrups said...

It was so fun! You were just like a kid again!! So cute! Love you and miss you!!

Shelynn said...

This was the best time ever.....Hard to believe my baby girl is already 25 years old....Love Mom